Friday, November 11, 2011

One good thing....30 day challenge

Every now and again I get in a funk. I'm all moody and icky. I hate getting like that. Last year I was in a pretty long funk, just really couldn't find focus, felt overwhelmed all the time. As Jeff and I were talking about how to help me find balance and center....I came up with an idea (sometimes I have a good one)....I would buy a journal dedicated to good things. I've always wanted to be a journal everyday kind of person, but never really do unless I'm in a really dark place or just can't figure out my emotions on my own. This works for when I need an outlet, but what about everyday things....what about the awesome things that are all around me. So I decided to get a journal and everyday write one good thing that happened. Most days it was easy, some days it was...."I took a shower" but overall I felt this really helped me. It put my day into perspective and helped me end my day on a good note. It also really helped me during the day....I was constantly looking for what I would journal about and found many many things thru out the day.
Now I'm not in a particularly emotional place, I feel very satisfied and joyful....but as the holidays come and my job starts to pick up in responsibility I feel like I need to challenge myself. So for the next 30 days I will be writing everyday. I will write about the good things that happened (and hopefully not have to go over to my "darker" journal.)

I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: