Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year!

Happy New Year!! 2012 wow!




Since it's been a while since my last update...here are some exciting things from December.
First bit of excitement was Kitties. We finally got kitties!!! After a lot of begging and a hefty deposit I convinced the landlord to let us have kitties. Lilly has not put them down since we got them.
The next exciting thing was SANTA. He came and was very good to us. Kids had a blast and made out like bandits....I guess they were very good in 2011.

Looking ahead to the coming year I'm so excited for all that lay ahead. I think this year holds really great things for our family and our future. Here some of my goals for 2012...I'm ambitious what can I say.

1. Stick to our budget- This is a biggie! I usually have a budget, but somehow something comes up and I go over. This year I'm vowing to stick to my budget! We have some big financial goals in 2012 so this is a MUST. A couple ways I plan to do this is...write out my budget monthly, plan for birthdays/gifts/travel well in advance, eat at home 6 nights a week, Target trips once a Quarter...this one will be hard. Reaching our financial goals will not only feel GREAT, but we want to instill sound money principals to our kids.

2. Be more patient- I have a full time job, a husband and two young kids...patience is hard to find sometimes. Yet from my experience the calmer I am the calmer the kids are. 6 days in I'm doing good :) Let's talk again in February, HA

3. Spend more time with my hubby- I like him, but as a working family....time is limited. But this year I want to spend some quality time each week with my husband. Not as a mommy/daddy, but as husband/wife. Dinner, Movie...something that gets us out being adults.

4. Spend more time with myself- I like me too. And I think I'm a better mommy/wife when I feel balanced and centered. So my goal is to do Yoga 1x a week and find time to visit with friends at least 1x a month-so call me!

5. Simplify- Simple eating/simple living. I think this will help a lot with #4. I go crazy when there is too much stuff everywhere. And we have a lot of stuff. simplifying is important. Also eating clean, healthy food is a very big goal of mine this year. cutting out processed food is only going to help me feel better and help teach my kids about treating their bodies right. Living simply is a little harder, but less trips to Target will help.

As the kids get bigger and their activities get more and more setting goals is important. Self discipline is not really my thing, but writing it down helps as does putting it out in the world for all one of you to see.
Here's to a GREAT 2012!

No comments: