Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween 2011

It was Halloween yesterday. I went into the night expecting lots of whining, fighting and crying. I expected over tired, "one more house" and NO's. But what I got was nothing I ever imagined (not to be over-dramatic)...let me explain.
It was a pretty organized night. kids watched "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" while I made dinner. Then it was costume time. Now since we picked him up Charlie was very anti-costume, in fact we had only tried on the costume once before. I figured I would have to carry the kid and try to convince people he had a costume on. But the promise of candy is a powerful thing...he happily put the costume on and was ready to get some candy!!!
The part that really knocked my socks off was Lilly. She continues to impress me with her patience and kindness. She was so great with Charlie, she waited for him, reminded him to say thank you and let everyone know that this was her little brother and he was Mickey Mouse.
Someday he will realize what a wonderful big sister he has. Someday he will cherish her as much as she does him.
But for me, for us we will not forget this Halloween. Where we watched our kids be loving and kind and sweet with each other. Today I am thankful for the kind sweet heart my girl has. And with each passing day as she grows bigger and more mature, her heart and sweetness grows with her.

Happy Halloween


Ninja Lilly

Mickey!

No comments: